Saturday, September 15, 2012

Project Gal Week Two

Ah Week 2, I've been so tired lately and yet here were are again....

Hello all! Sorry for starting off so depressed lol, I've had this horrible cough for the past month and it's been messing up even my most simple of activities. I can't even walk around the hospital without breaking into a hack attack. And all the darn meds I'm on make me loopy, I think I told my honey bun about 20 million times that I loved him and I missed him.... but I really do! That and this whole gyaru thing.... I'm pretty sure I've hit a wall somewhere, I look at people who've come after me, and somehow I feel like I've been lapped a few times around the track already! It's tough reading someone else's criticism and in all honesty, I get a bit jealous sometimes. But don't get me wrong, I'm not giving up, I'm just low on the motivation tank as of late. The people that I've met thus far are amazing and talented, nothing less, and even if I get left behind on the wayside, I'm not going to cheat and hitch a ride. This is my journey, and it has really only just begun!
I'll take that lol

But I digress....

My second week of Project Gal! Week 2 states to hone in on what's preferred. In other words, what makes meeeeeeee? :3

When I think of myself, in a gyaru style, I can sum up how I want my appearance, my makeup in particular, to look.
  • Flawless looking skin, with and without makeup
  • Even and natural contours/highlights
  • Smokey eyes, focusing on browns and blacks, color for when I'm feeling fiesty (which is 90% of the time!)
  • Circle lenses, preferably natural, but even I surprise myself sometimes (actually, I really do it on a regular basis)  :)
  • Natural, full, and long lashes. Upon my second gyaru attempt, I really don't like the lashes I ordered, granted they look good on many other people, but I've realized that this look wasn't something I was looking for. Trial and error :)
  • I want to keep my natural hair, no relaxers, no harsh chemicals, no over heating, I'm proud of my hair so far, I want to progress, not fall back.
    • Natural wigs, but I really like dark browns/blacks.... being gyaru doesn't necessarily mean lighten my hair, it's just a more common style. And short wigs too, another stereotype that's all too common I think.
  • Slightly arched eyebrows, I've read where mainly flat eyebrows are more for a younger look, and arch  adds definition and frames the face. However my eyebrows have been f*ked up for years do to poor choice in salons, I don't trust myself to do it, but I am in the process of re-growing them to have a fresh canvas for someone to work on. I say slightly arched because I still want full eyebrows, even if it means not accomplishing a dramatic arch by thinning them out.
  • Lips would definitely be based on the eyes, dramatic eyes call for mute lips, silent eyes require a loud mouth! 
  • I'm perfectly content with my cheeks, my peach and pink blushers do a wonderful job at bringing color to my face :)
  • Smaller/Healthier - I'll continue on this when I get rid of this fricking cough (although hospital salad for lunch everyday is getting annoying x.x)
I think this pretty much wraps it up in words... Hopefully all my pic farming will reflect what I'm looking for in the future, like these for example! (It's official, I love red lips lol!)





Now if you don't mind, my bathtub is beckoning me!! (don't judge, bath oils make everything better) ^O^




No comments:

Post a Comment