Saturday, September 1, 2012

Cherry Culture Haul! (Part 1) ^O^

Hello my loves! <3

I apologize for not updating in forever! So much has been going on! >w< for one thing, I've started paying for my Fall Semester classes X.x but! I'll be heading to Tennessee/Mississippi (actually, this has already happened lol) with my mom all next week! ^O^ I've never been to either state before, but I'll be sure to take plenty of pictures! :D

I have for you all today a haul I'm finally putting together for Cherry Culture <3 I can't remember where I first heard about the website but I've become an addict that's for sure! There are two parts to this haul, representing two different orders that I placed, there's a potential third one on the way, but I haven't decided on all that I wanted just yet! o.~

*I AM IN NO WAY BEING COMPENSATED FOR MY OPINION!!*

1. NYX Powder Blush in Cinnamon - After a few days of research, I finally decided that I needed to invest in some blush - it's an important asset for the Gyaru look! I came across a video that recommended NYX's Cinnamon blush as a nice color for warmer skin tones. Soooo naturally I just HAD to have it! The color is absolutely amazing, I have no regrets in buying it whatsoever :)
  • Color: *****
  • Price: *****
  • Quality: *****
  • Overall: *****
2. NYX Long Lip Pencil in Natural - For the longest time, I've been determined to find a lip color that best matches my skin to to create the perfect nude lip, sad to say that all the browns I've come across so far have an underlying red to them so while the color is still pretty, it's still not the color I've been searching for ;~;. Despite that fact, I did come across this nice lip pencil that I like to use as a base with my other colors, or slick with clear gloss. 
  • Color: ****
  • Price:*****
  • Quality: *****
  • Overall: *****
3. NYX Jumbo Lip Pencil in Plush Red - As of late, I feel as if the stereotype of "Hooker Red" Lips on darker women needed to be abolished. I recently wore this gorgeous color to my church anniversary (the colors were red and white anyway XD) and man, did I get some compliments! This richness of this bold color really lets me get into a sophisticated or sexy mode, I just won't be kissing m boyfriend anytime soon with it on! XD

  • Color: *****
  • Price: *****
  • Quality: *****
  • Overall: *****
4. LA Girl Fine Line in Black - Felt tip eyeliners in my opinion, are always good staples for any eye make from natural to bold. It also acts as a guideline as you build from beginning to end when doing gyaru make. I like to use this as a base, then add on my pencil eyeliners. Also, it's good for eye tattoo detailing, which I've been recently wanting to try! XD However, I don't recommend this product for extremely oily skin types, or if you're sweating a lot. The color can come off ridiculously easy at times.
  • Color: *****
  • Price: *****
  • Quality: ****
  • Overall: ****
5. LA Girl Mark My Eyes in Black - This is basically the fat tip version of Fine Line. It still comes to a sharp point, and you get more color deposit from it, making it more hot temperature friendly <3. A must for anyone  who does the thick top lid in one stroke. It can also be a base for building up with other products, but I don't ever recall needing to do that with this pen.
  • Color: *****
  • Price: *****
  • Quality: *****
  • Overall: *****
6. NYX Highlight and Contour Combo in HCP01 - I think the concept of this product is good, but the fact that it only comes in ONE color is very disappointing! The texture of this powder in this cute compact is fine and blends nicely, it doesn't cause much buildup on my skin. While the highlight powder has a mild effect on my skin, the contour powder blends in with my natural skin tone, which explains why my contours could never be seen Also, this palette can get quite messy, more often then not I get loose powder in all the wrong places ;o;. I'll be consulting with Mac or somebody soon and get their recommendations, since I love their foundation and now swear by it >w<. I can't dismiss this product altogether, but I don't recommend it for darker skin.
  • Color: **
  • Price: ****
  • Quality: ***
  • Overall: ***
7. Cherry Culture Lip Balm in Peach - A simple, yet amazing smelling balm I take EVERYWHERE. It was a free gift with my order <3 I love to use this when I don't want to weigh my lips down with gloss or lipstick. Despite having no color (or taste x.x), it has a nice shine and keeps my lips moisturized, it just makes me crazy hungry!
  • Color: *****
  • Price: N/A - It was free with order :D
  • Quality: *****
  • Overall: *****

This will get updated and prettified later! XD

No comments:

Post a Comment