Sunday, July 8, 2012

Some Useful Links! (Updated 9/10/12)



Sooooo I'm definitely procrastinating on my Biology paper which is due in about.... three hours -____-; I absolutely HATE the class, but the teacher is so cute and little it breaks my heart to suck so much at Biology! DX Anyways, I haven't died or anything, not yet at least lol, I figured I'd share a few places I've stumbled (some, not all) upon for my research and inspirations!!



Don't hate. Even us college students need to cut a few corners! I've been an ebay-holic for years now, and it doesn't help that paypal = credit card! I occasionally sit back and wonder how I manage to pay my bills off! I've come across quite a few lovelies that I hope to *ahem* buy into somewhere in the near future... in fact, I already have!



Dolly Wink No. 1 Dolly Sweet
Lashes I bought from the ebay seller












These little lovelies I can't take credit for... I was browsing one of the bloggers I follow, Naijabarbie and saw her posting for them... I bought them the next day! As you can see, they remind me of the Dolly Wink No. 1 Dolly Sweet lashes that I see pop up freaking EVERYWHERE! Yes, yes I am aware of  the differences but come on... 10 pairs for about 10 bucks? Do you really think I'd pass that up?! Maybe somewhere down the line I'll do a comparison review, but until then... I'll keep it cheap! Because I don't want to steal spotlight, I HIGHLY recommend you check out Naija's blog for the link to the seller!!! <3


Purple and black = my weakness -____-;


I came across these nails also on eBay, I don't feel that the picture does them justice though. I may buy them, and if I do I'll make sure to do a quick review on them! (Update: I hated these nails when I ordered them, quality was as cheap as their price ToT but that's what I get lol so I won't complain XD) 


Maybe not Gyaru, but still super cute! <3


Japanesestreets.com is another place that I occasionally like to drop-in on. Granted, most of these fashion statements are from Gyaru, it's still intriguing to see how fashion is evolving. And occasionally I can't help but wonder how I can find something similar that some of these people wear and incorporate it into my eventual full-time Gyaru lifestyle. The picture above is just one a many pictures you'll find on their site. They also have a magazine listing that gives popular circulations and provides general themes, as well as appropriate age ranges.  



The next website I want to go over is Zasshiko.com, a Japanese magazine archive with tons of fashion magazines as well as circulations on brides, music, children, and my favorites, cosplay! ^O^ The catch however is that free users have to wait about 2 hours per magazine to completely download a magazine, a good portion of which have been seized because of the Megaupload Megashutdown ;~;... the brighter side is that donators (about $8 in USD) get access to the more recent circulations that and can be downloaded directly from the website at about 5-10 minutes each. 


J-Magazine Scans @ Livejournal

CLICK HERE FOR THE WEBSITE!!

J-Magazine Scans is the source where I found the Zasshiko website. Different users upload the links their respective websites with archives of various magazines to choose from! It's updated on a regular basis so you'll always be in the loop. :)

*Note, remember to support the people who put effort into these magazines and buy whenever you can! :D* 


I've been a member on Beautylish for a good while, trolling all the amazing photos and makeup tutorials that they have to offer. While there only a few 'gyaru' labeled videos, there are tons and tons of other useful articles videos on topic such as contouring and highlighting, appropriate blushes, nail tuts, hair tuts, and many more! Since makeup is an important chunk of the Gyaru lifestyle, I HIGHLY recommend this website for anyone looking to improve their makeup skill! o.~



One of the girls from the Black Gyaru FB group mentioned this website a few weeks ago and I must say a lot of the stuff was nice, granted, I would have no idea where to start first!! But I do want to try some of their skin care products, especially the facial masks :) You can find stuff for men, women, and babies, as well as gifts... just don't be too surprised about the shipping rates!

I'm already in love with this website, I'm just biding my time looking at the plethora of beauty products they have available and making mental check marks in my head. Like the website above, KKCenterHK has skincare, makeup, and a few items, but they also have a few closer-to-home brands such as Revlon, Red Cherry, and China Glaze. So far, this has been one of my favorite beauty-centered websites and if/when I do order from here, I'll be sure to do a haul of all the goodies I plan to spend myself on.... maybe one day (er, more like a year later), I'll do a giveaway? You never know! ^O^

No comments:

Post a Comment