Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Challenge Pt 2: Hair


As I have probably said before, I have a lot of research to do when it comes to learning what it takes to be Gyaru, but I do want to do some hands on pre-Gyaru work until then. Hence why I've made this blog and maybe when I feel confident enough I'll post some videos of what I'll know thus far. I am making this post because I want to address all the steps I'll be taking throughout this journey.

2. Hair
The Challenge: First off, I want to say how much I absolutely love Love LOVE decision to do the Big Chop! My hair is thicker and healthier now, and it's growing so fast!! However, I have no intention whatsoever to straighten it now, I want it to grow without putting any unnecessary strain on it until it reaches my desirable length.


The Fix: Despite my love of my natural, curly hair, it's grown to a point where it occasionally becomes unruly and difficult to manage, even with my usual barrage of detangling and moisturizing.  I plan on buying a wig (or two, or three!), something suitable for everyday wear (especially work). I most likely will go for something short, although the whole reason I cut my hair was to help it grow longer! Granted, I could opt for a long curly wig, but it wouldn't suit my current style. I think this is why I love looking at pictures and reading blogs about Himegyaru, but I could NEVER follow such a style. Also, wearing a wig means I can get my hair braided and that makes moisturizing treatments much easier. :)
Speaking of which......

Click for a bigger picture! :)
I think I'm in love *____*. This wig is super cute and I love the versatility! Despite the fact that it's an eBay wig, I think it would frame rounder faces like mine nicely. My only issue is that the wig wouldn't look natural, and you know how people talk! >< 

Happy (almost) 6 month Anniversary Big Chop! :D Eck, gotta clean up mah room too!

So,  as many of you know (or don't know), it's almost been 6 months and a few weeks since I did my big chop back in February! <3 I've come a long way for sure, but I still have a while to go before I get my length back. My mom is FINALLY starting to like my hair now that it has some length to it, and my little sister enjoys 'petting' it! It's amazing to see how far I've come, I reeeeeaaally wanted to relax it and be done with it, but that's damaging and NOT in my budget!

The first part mf my hair routine, my hair crack I use every other day :D...

Then a spritz of this every morning and my hair stays soft all day!!
I confess I was a product junkie the moment I got all my hair cut, but now I've successfully reached a point where I have a regular hair care regimen. Oyin handmade is ALL NATURAL, that makes it ALL AWESOME!!! :D

More hair updates to come!!! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment