Tuesday, June 26, 2012

First Post!

First of all, thank you for taking the time to stop by ^.^ it's greatly appreciated!!

Overview:
Now, as the title suggests, this is my very first post, and blog, ever. For those who saw my youtube posting, I have decided to start a Gyaru journey, and hopefully it should last about a year, there is a lot to take in!! I intend for this blog to mainly stay revolved around my research and application of hair, makeup, nails, and naturally, circle lenses... I'm a full-figured young lady so fashion is going to be set aside for now. But this doesn't mean I won't look into what suits my figure from time to time! ;) 

Goals/Plans:
As stated above, I want to fully immerse myself in the amazing and constantly evolving world that is Gyaru. Until I can fully understand all the subcategories of Gyaru, I can safely say that I'll be sticking with Oneegyaru, for the comfort of those around me at home and work. Until I can get a better grasp of the fashion of Oneegyaru, I'll only be developing my skills with makeup, hair, and nails. I'll also be doing reviews for incoming products that I purchase when I can!

Intentions:
Truth be told, I've followed the Gyaru fashion since about late middle school, so about 13. I never had any strong self confidence in myself throughout that time and even until the end of high school. With the constant put downs about my weight and looks, I really lacked in defending myself... my only comfort came in eating. But I'm sick of excuses, I know I needed to make a change, but I had yet to figure out how. It wasn't until recently trolling around youtube that I remembered a world I knew so little about. And so I've fallen back in love with the Gyaru style and I've decided that this is the path I want to take. 

I making this blog not only for Gyaru, but maybe as help for other girls/women who seem to be stuck at the fork in the road. A few months ago I had decided, "Hey! I'm gonna cut off all my hair and start anew!" And I did in February of this year! I do miss my hair being longer, but I can honestly say that a weight was lifted off my shoulders when I cut my hair, and I LOVE it the way it is now! But now I've realized that I needed something more... drastic? I've always felt that my confidence never truly shone through, so I'm taking another step in order to do so! I hope that anyone who reads this and feels the same way I do, will take this journey with me as well, or at least take something from it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment